Monday, November 5, 2007

unexpected pleasures

From my sister...
dotted line
My husband and I have re-discovered China Express on Shelburne road.
Anybody who knows us will be surprised to know that we eat there (since
we are such food snobs). Actually, we really like the food, and have
been ordering take-out from there once a week for the last month. The
same guy answers the phone every time, and is always a pleasure. Once,
he convinced me to have my shrimp breaded and fried (he said it tastes
better, which it does, but I didn't feel very good eating it). In fact,
we're eating it right now and we're both in ecstasy. Here is our
regular order:
Steamed veggie dumplings
Steamed shrimp shumai
Beef with garlic (extra spicy for Kevin)
Shrimp with garlic (for me)
Brown rice.

We share the appetizers, and always have a ton of food left for lunch
the next day. The main dishes are sauteed with lots of veggies, like
carrots, snow peas, broccoli, water chestnuts, and onions. Kevin likes
to eat his dinner with a beer, and I like seltzer.

Yummy!

—Emma H.W. Kouri, M.S., Graduate Teaching Assistant, Animal Science Department, University of Vermont

No comments: